A Chinese Restaraunt in Kentucy Gets Caught Serving Up Roadkill
First off, let me just say that I am sure that 99.9% of Chinese restaurants in this country are making good, clean food and not getting caught for legendary health code violations. However, it's stories like this that make you suspicious of all of them!
Last Thursday afternoon, a woman named Katie Hopkins and her friends were eating at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg Kentucy. They saw two workers wheeling in a garbage can. They were trying to be slick, but Katie spotted a large animal sticking out of the can.
The workers wheeled it into the kitchen, trailing blood behind them. Katie called the health department, and when a health inspector got there, he found out they'd just wheeled some roadkill into the kitchen. A dead deer, to be specific.
The restaurant tried to explain that the dead deer wasn't going to be served to customers, it was for the owner and his family. As you'd expect, that excuse did not work. The Red Flower was shut down immediately. They can reopen if they pass the state's most rigorous health inspection, and prove they've sanitized the restaurant.
Yeah, roadkill deer is bad, but at least it wasn't a possum... or a cat.