Top Five Bad Habits That are Good for you
According to medical research, your mother and mine were wrong about a lot of stuff. Here are five bad habits that it turns out are actually good for you.
1. Biting your nails helps expose your body to new germs, but in very small numbers. That lets your immune system prepare antibodies to fight them without the risk of getting sick.Also, picking your nose and eating it does the same thing.
2. Burping protects your body from getting damaged by stomach acid. If you leave the gas inside, it can loosen the muscle that separates your stomach from your esophagus, and allow stomach acid to splash out and cause heartburn.
3. Passing gas prevents you from having a buildup of gas in your intestines. This can cause damage or at least a lot of pain.
4. Eating in bed can help you digest your food better. Stress causes your body to interrupt digestion.So if you’re relaxed and horizontal, your body breaks everything down completely.
5. Spitting helps your breathing especially if you’re exercising. When you exercise, you breathe through your mouth, which causes inflammation in your throat. So spitting helps to clear your breathing passages.
Kids do not start telling your parents I said this was,OK. Don’t start farting and burping at a restaurant, I don’t want to be at Parkway smelling that.