BBQ Jackfruit Burger
These jackfruit BBQ burgers are really easy to make. In fact you can make the BBQ Jackfruit in about the same time as it would take to heat up a packaged burger in the oven. So no excuses, give it a try! By: @gingervegan
- 4 burger buns and fillings such as lettuce and fried onions
- 2 x 400g cans Jackfruit
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- For the sauce:
- 100g tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- First, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and stirring together well.
- Drain the jackfruit and pat dry.
- Tear the chunks into pieces with your fingers and place them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over the paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder and mix well.
- In a frying pan heat the oil on a medium-high heat. Add the jackfruit and cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in about half of the sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. The jackfruit should be nice and tender by now and have soaked up the flavors of the sauce.
- Prepare the burger buns and pile on the jackfruit and top with fried onions.