Lawton Named Drunkest City in Oklahoma, El Paso Drunkest in Texas
Time to find out who has bragging rights in their respective states.
A new study from 24/7 Wall Street has determined the drunkest cities in every state. Since we're in Texoma, let's see where we fall and where our neighbors to north come in. For Oklahoma, it's going to be...Lawton. The stats break down like this.
- Percentage of MSA adults who binge or heavy drink: 17.9%
- Percentage of state adults who binge or heavy drink: 13.2%
- Percentage of driving deaths alcohol related: 40.5%
Of course we can't leave out Texas. Have to drive a little further to reach this city, El Paso. The statistics for El Paso break down like this.
- Percentage of MSA adults who binge or heavy drink: 56.2%
- Percentage of state who adults binge or heavy drink: 16.0%
- Percentage of driving deaths alcohol related: 15.6%
Just scrolling through all of the states, I noticed El Paso has the highest percentages of everyone. Does that make it the drunkest city in America? I guess by this survey standards, yes. Proof once again, everything is bigger in Texas.
BONUS: How to Open a Bottle of Wine Without a Corkscrew or a Shoe