Easy Vegan Tofu Curry
This is a very easy recipe and just like all curries, asks for multiple different spices and seasonings. There are two phases to making this dish: The first phase is cooking the tofu and the second phase is making the curry. The good thing about this recipe is you’ll be baking your tofu, which means you can cook your curry while your tofu is in the oven!
Serving Size: 4-5 Helpings
- 1 16oz Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Cup Onions, finely diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Chili Pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2Tsp Turmeric
- 5 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 14oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14oz Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Press your tofu to remove extra liquid. Cut into small cubes. Transfer to a bowl and toss around in oil until they're all coated.
- Transfer Tofu cubes to a large resealable plastic bag. Add your cornstarch and salt into the bag. Close it up and shake it until tofu is evenly coated in cornstarch.
- Evenly spread tofu cubes on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the curry sauce by heating 2 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add your onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chili pepper into the pan and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in your garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and turmeric. Continue to stir and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in your tomato paste and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add in the diced tomatoes and coconut milk and stir until well combined.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until you get your desired thickness. Stir in your freshly chopped coriander and baked tofu.
- Serve with basmati rice and a wedge of lime.