Lunch: Kale And Pomegranate Salad
I used the Whole Earth Foods peanut butter in this recipe. Nut butters are great for adding protein and healthy fats to recipes and I often use them instead of oil in salad dressings.
The trick with the kale here is to massage the dressing into the salad leaves with your hands. This helps to break down the tough fibres and as a result makes the kale easier to eat. By: @gingervegan
- 200g kale
- 1 avocado
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 200g sweet potato
- Handful of parsley
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- First peel and cut the sweet potato into 1.5cm chunks. Cook in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Shred the kale and place in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing put the vinegar, peanut butter, miso, garlic and onion powders into a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage into the leaves with your fingers.
- Chop the avocado and finely chop the parsley and add to the kale along with the sweet potato and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread or my Almond Butter Tofu.