Protein Filled Granola Bars
Make a large batch of these granola bars and take them with you on-the-go. They are the perfect pick-me-up when you need a boost of energy.
- 250g wholegrain porridge oats
- 4 oz maple syrup
- 100g medjoul dates
- 100g almonds
- 2/3 of a cup dried cherries
- 80g coconut oil
- 60g coconut sugar
- 35g Very Vanilla Protein
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- Chop the almonds into rough pieces. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 356 F, stirring from time to time, until just beginning to color.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
Spread the oats out onto two baking trays and bake as you did for the almonds, stirring from time to time. Transfer to the bowl with the almonds.
- Roughly chop the dried cherries and dates. Stir into the oat mixture. Stir in the protein powder and salt.
In a small pan melt together the coconut oil, sugar and maple syrup.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes, then pour over the mixture in the bowl and stir well.
Transfer to a lined baking dish. Place a piece of baking paper on top and press down firmly all over. You can use the side of a glass to do this.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Remove from freezer and cut into squares, then store in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the freezer.
Tip: if making for eating before or after exercise then use 1 tsp salt, otherwise 1/2 tsp is fine.
Nutrition Notes: per serving: 1/12 of recipe
298 calories, 7g protein, 44g carbs, 5g fiber, 12g fat