Roasted Beetroot Dip With Middle Eastern Spices and Homemade Crackers
Roasted Beetroot Dip with Za'atar
Why We Love It: The combination of spices and herbs make this beetroot dip so flavorful. Beetroot is known for blood cleansing and strengthening vegetables! We often serve this dip with crackers and on a vegetable platter as a starter.
- 4 cups medium beetroots
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons za’atar
- Salt to taste
- Cut the stems off the beets and wash them. Cook the beetroots in the oven on a tray, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Once they are cool, peel the skin and chop into quarters.
- Place the beetroot, garlic, chili, olive oil, and maple syrup into a food processor or blender and mix.
- Once it is smooth, place in a bowl and mix through salt and 1 tablespoon za’atar. Sprinkle the rest over the top. I love this warm but it keeps in the fridge in an airtight container too.
Calories 220, Protein 4g, Total Fat 10.5g, Sat. Fat 1.5g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Sugar 22g, Fiber 6.5g