Spring Sprout Salad with Ginger Dressing
Spring Sprout Salad
Why We Love it: Sprouts are high in enzymes that help you digest your food, getting the most nutrients out of it as possible. In this salad, they really come to life with the kick from this amazing ginger dressing, which you shouldn’t restrict to just this salad!
Serves 3 to 4 bowls
- 3 cups of mixed sprouts – I used 1 cup each of broccoli, mung bean, and alfalfa
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup avocado, diced small
- 1 apple, diced small
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted lightly on in a dry frypan for 3 minutes.
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 springs of mint, roughly torn
For the Dressing
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon squeezed lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated garlic (for more of a real zing – add 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Make the dressing by blitzing in a blender for a few minutes until smooth.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
NOTE: When you make this, I recommend serving it with the dressing separate so each person can put their own on, as if you do it earlier, the sprouts get soggy!