Texas Man Loses Leg to Flesh-Eating Bacteria in Galveston [VIDEO]
That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life.
50-year-old Brian Parrott went swimming at the beach last Sunday in Galveston. According to his family, he was only in the water for a short period of time. Everyone went home and they thought they had a fun day at the water. The next day is when Brian started to feel awful.
"You go swimming with your family on Sunday, you go to work on Monday, you have a red leg on Tuesday, Wednesday you have boils on your leg, Thursday you lose the leg, " Brian's mother Donna Dailey said. Brian was taken to the hospital where doctors ended up amputating his right leg from the knee down.
The bacteria was likely contracted through a small scratch on Ryan's foot. If that scratch wasn't there, Brian would probably still have this leg. Doctors also stated the fact that Brian is diabetic also helped the bacteria spread.
According to Brian and his family are sharing his story as a warning to others to not go swimming in Galveston with open cuts, scrapes or wounds. "We want to we want to get the word out, and that's the main thing. There's nothing more that we can do for my son but maybe we can save somebody else," Dailey said.