Banana Pops Dipped in Chocolate with Coconut, Pistachios or Hazelnuts
What We're Cooking This Weekend: Chocolate Banana Pops
WHY WE LOVE IT: Talk about a crowd-pleaser! Chocolate covered bananas are a classic dessert everyone enjoys, vegans and non-vegans.
TOTAL TIME: 1:10
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 6
MAKE IT FOR: A "healthier" dessert or your children's parties.
- Lollipop sticks
- Coconut flakes
- Dark chocolate chips
- First, peel and cut the bananas in half. Then insert lollipop sticks into the cut ends, place on trays and freeze.
- Prepare your toppings before you remove the bananas from the freezer. (I like to use finely chopped nuts and seeds such as pistachio, hazelnut and pumpkin seeds. Freeze-dried fruits look lovely too and desiccated coconut is also a great choice.)
- Once they are frozen melt some chocolate over a bain-marie.
- Working with one at a time either dip the frozen banana pops into the chocolate or just drizzle over with a spoon.
- Sprinkle immediately with the topping as the chocolate will set very quickly. Repeat for each banana pop.
- Store on a tray in the freezer until they are frozen through, then you can transfer them to a container or bag so that they take up less room.
357 calories, 6g protein, 53g carbs, 7g fiber, 19g fat