Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies Dipped in Almond Milk
What We're Cooking This Weekend: Chocolate Chip Cookies to Dip in Almond Milk
Why We Love It: Who doesn't love the classic taste of a chocolate chip cookie? When you go plant-based or vegan it's easy to miss your childhood favorites but these fill the bill. Made with shortening instead of butter and Hu Chocolate Chips, you and your cookie monsters won't even know they're vegan.
- 2 cups Four (Bob’s Red Mill Flour) *I have also used 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Flour 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Vegan Shortening (I use coconut oil, but reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips (Hu Kitchen chocolate is also a great option)
- Preheat oven to 325° and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the shortening, water, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and cane sugar until blended well.
- Stir in the flour, a little at a time until incorporated and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2″ between each dough ball (these cookies do spread quite a bit so be sure to leave enough room in-between).
- Bake approximately 12-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown the center is a pretty golden color.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before final cooling on a cookie rack.